Tourist Visa for entry in Dubai and UAE
The following items may be brought into the United Arab Emirates duty-free per person over the age of 18:
- Gifts value not exceeding AED 3,000
- 400 cigarettes or up to 50 cigars or up to 500 grams of tobacco
- 4 liters of alcohol (for non-Muslims only) or 2 boxes of 24-can beer (no more than 355 ml each)
- Cash, traveler’s cheques, jewelry and precious metals value not exceeding AED 100,000
If your cash amount or the value of traveler’s cheques is higher, then you just have to declare the amount without paying customs.
However, if the value of your jewelery exceeds the permitted limit, it depends on the reason being brought into the country, whether you have to pay 5% custom duty for it.
For example, if it is your personal jewelry and you do not bring commercial quantities into the country, no customs would be incurred. Customs authorities decide on a case-by-case basis.
- Radios, tasers, self-defense equipment, knives and swords
- Pets and endangered species protected by the CITES Convention (including hides and stuffed animals)
- Cash (including currencies and travelers checks) exceeding AED 100,000 or its equivalent in other currencies
- Films, books, photographs, digital storage devices
- Gifts value over AED 3,000
- Weapons, ammunition and military equipment
- Medicines of all kinds
- Fireworks and explosives
- Trees, plants and soil
- All classified narcotics
Prohibited items on entry into Dubai and UAE
- All drugs, such as hashish, cocaine, heroin etc.
- Pornographic material
- Ivory and Rhinoceros horn
- Radioactive substances
- Used tires
- Goods from Israel
- Goods from boycotted countries
- Three layers fishing nets
- Gambling tools
- Forged money
- Cooked, homemade food